Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Radio Model?

On the 1st page of Ron's web site with the holiday greeting message is a photo of 4 or 5 Philco radios. Could someone please tell me what model the console one is on the left side of the photo? Thanks much in advance.

That particular set is a Model 45F, a mid-season 1935 model. That cabinet was also used with Model 28 and Model 39 chassis (28F & 39F). The shaft hole spacing on the 39F is different (wider spacing between the top shaft hole and the bottom middle hole), so that a 28 or 45 chassis would not fit the 39F cabinet; but the 28 and 45 are interchangeable. If yours is the 28/45F cabinet, you could also use a Model 29 chassis if you remove its shadowmeter. If yours turned out to be the 39F cabinet, there are other chassis you could use if you wanted to make it a non-original but functional set (38, 60, 66).

Here's a better picture:

[Image: http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/images/1935/45f.jpg]

This belongs to "49Stude63," it's just here for a visit before it goes to its new home. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hey Ron for what I paid for that radio it doesn't look too bad, now if it was the butterfly cabinet I would be really sitting on a bargain