Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Battery Pack P 60D-11L

Hi,

I'm not near my archive and can't be sure of the battery voltages on this Philco A-B pack. I believe it's 1.5 volts, since the tubes are 1-volt types for A but can't be sure of 90 volts for B. Battery-Bill are you "out there?" Icon_smile

Thanks,

Chuck

Just looked in my 1941 and 1946 parts catalogs...both list this battery but neither gives the specs, unfortunately.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

If it's from the 1940s then more then likely it's 90VDC for B+, I have not seen too many sets from then with 67.5 volts in portables as there was in the 1950s.
Best Regards
Arran

1.5v A, 90v B. Equivalent to an Eveready 759 Farm Pack.

Bill

Thanks Ron, I looked thru all my Philco Parts Calatogues too - same thing.
Finally, figured out that it is 1.5/90 from various battery set's schematics and voltages and tube data.

Thanks Bill. My client for the Model 41-90 also got a info sheet about your battery repro service with your email in my info packet.
You should get a small website with more pics and specs & details. Icon_smile

Chuck

I'd love to, but the way I want to do it would take a lot of time, and with my orders now, I don't have that!

However, this is roughly what I'd like it to look like. I dummied it together as a test, borrowing heavily from your website's layout, Chuck! Icon_biggrin

http://level1.midwestinternet.com

Wow Bill! Great start.
The page layout template is not mine, just found one I liked from a template site and did some hand-coding HTML on it.

C'mon....make those links work. ;)

Chuck

PS Mind if I use the ad graphic to enhance your link?

Ditto what Chuck said! Bill, you have the beginnings of a very nice website. Icon_biggrin

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks much. Now it's just a matter of implementing it.... Icon_biggrin

Batterymaker, Great looking website fnt page indeed! Do you also service vintage winchargers? I know these are hard to come-by these days, dont see many anymore. If someone could re-produce blades & rotor system, the old style d.c. type automotive heater-fan motors produce dc voltage into batteries for recharging when spinning in free air.I knew a old-timer that built one before. The dc motors rotation doesnt see a +/- difference in rotation ( from its 2 connectors). Having a new style, vintage-type wind-charger for storage batterys could be fun to build?.. and experiment with? Could also be used as a "trickle" charger for auto, or lawnmower batteries? Just a idea. Icon_wink

Hello batterymaker ,
well far as that Batter for 40-90 how long does it take you to build something like that also do you use 9 volt and
also what about a battery for my 46-320 I think thats the model it's the philco with roll top

Sincerely Rich

Texasrocker Wrote:Batterymaker, Great looking website fnt page indeed! Do you also service vintage winchargers? I know these are hard to come-by these days, dont see many anymore. If someone could re-produce blades & rotor system, the old style d.c. type automotive heater-fan motors produce dc voltage into batteries for recharging when spinning in free air.I knew a old-timer that built one before. The dc motors rotation doesnt see a +/- difference in rotation ( from its 2 connectors). Having a new style, vintage-type wind-charger for storage batterys could be fun to build?.. and experiment with? Could also be used as a "trickle" charger for auto, or lawnmower batteries? Just a idea. Icon_wink

No, I've only seen one in twenty years, and reproducing something like that is beyond my Jedi powers. Icon_wink

radiorich Wrote:Hello batterymaker ,
well far as that Batter for 40-90 how long does it take you to build something like that also do you use 9 volt and
also what about a battery for my 46-320 I think thats the model it's the philco with roll top

Sincerely Rich
It doesn't really take that long--what takes awhile is fitting in time to build them. I'm taking care of my family and my mother, and time needed for both of them is in high demand.

As for the 46-320, I can do that one. Its battery is the equivalent of an Eveready 753.

Hello Batterymaker,
I know what you mean about family we have had a lot of family stuff to do around here far as that Philco 46-320,
goes thats sound great also Texasrocker far as a wind charger goes I sure wish build it I have room but I'm surrounded with trees don't know how well it would work.
Sincerely Rich

Just as a reference on batteries made from WW-2 and prior, the Radio Troubleshooters Handbook by Ghirardi has a section in the back of the book with different brands and their numbers, voltages and sizes and even the type of connector (no pin out). Pretty helpful if needed.