Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need help with a Philco 38-12 -Please

Good Morning Guy's

Working on a Philco 38-12 chassis. What's
    the best way to install a new dial scale? Should I
    try and take the old one off the metal backing or
    should I just put the new one over the old one?
    I am open to any good workable suggestion.
    Thanks for the help.

Tom72

Don't put the old over new. This will raise it enough to continuously rub against the pointer and it will quickly get destroyed.
Also some folks here recommend after the new scale is installed to put a thin transparent sheet of plastic over it to prevent the rubbing.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I dont remember.. Is it riveted?
If so then drill em out and use small screws if you can re-rivet it..

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Hi OldRestorer

No the dial scale is not riveted on the
tin plate.
The old dial scale is held on the plate
by having all four edges folded over to
hold the scale to the plate.
I would just like to be able to pull out the
old scale and slide the new one in but that
doesn't look like it will work very well.
Just looking for a better way.
Thanks,
Tom72

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
What do I have? Philco 655
hello Adam, What a great looking radio and I agree with mr Fixr and Gary if Ron was still with us I am sure he would re...radiorich — 10:23 PM
Wouldn't be the first "Phranken-Philco" to come out of the factory. Kinda like model year end cars built back...GarySP — 07:45 PM
Philco Model 76 Highboy
That's a nice looking cabinet. With a little bit of rub on stain and paste wax that should even out the finish. When you...Radioroslyn — 05:20 PM
Hi Adam, Others may know more than me, but it was not uncommon for Philco to run out of cabinets and use one for a new...MrFixr55 — 02:51 PM
Haven't been on here in a while, and it's been a while since I've worked on a Philco.  I picked this up a while back, an...adamrobertg — 08:10 AM
Clear Schematic for 41-255
Hello Ross, We have all been there don't worry the guys here have you taken care of !! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 09:35 PM
What's really funny is I looked at the pages and saw 255 and it took me 30 sec of looking at the schematic trying to fig...RossH — 05:19 PM
Ross, sorry, clicked on the wrong one. here's the down load for the 41-255 as an attachment.klondike98 — 04:40 PM
RossH - Were you looking at our copy of the 1941 Yearbook, or one that you found elsewhere?DaleHCook — 04:12 PM
Ditto. Perfectly readable here. Monitor or computer problems?!rfeenstra — 12:10 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>