Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sad looking RCA T6-1

I picked up this 1935 RCA tombstone at the last WARCI meet on September 16. It was only $20 so I figured what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Once I was able to get the radio playing again after a complete recap, some resistor replacements and two tubes, I knew I had to tackle the cabinet. Needless to say, it was a real veneer replacement challenge, but all in all I think it turned out fairly well. Far from perfect but a whole lot better than it was. Icon_thumbup

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Before:

After:

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Beautiful work Greg. I think you did an excellent job on the veneer replacement. Icon_thumbup

Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap
nice work!

Very nice work.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Greg,

You did a great job! Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Greg super  job!!! You saved it to be played again... And we thank you for that.  Icon_thumbup

Nice save Greg Icon_thumbup

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Very nice, Greg!! Nice to see a near junker pulled away from the flames!

Fantastic workmanship,,,,,

Very nice work!

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

Looks fantastic perhaps better than new?

>>but a whole lot better than it was.

You said it, brother!

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

A real beauty.  Great work!   Icon_clap

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Thanks, everyone. It was definitely a challenge!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org