Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newbie needs help with Identification.

[attachment=15374][attachment=15374]             Hey everyone, Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need some help.  I inherited this beautiful stereo from my grandparents and grew up listening to it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance,

Risto

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome! Nice looking unit! My area of knowledge is in the 1930s-1940s era, so I'll let others more knowledgeable chime in to help you out.

Blessings,
Jeff W.
Jonesboro, Arkansas

http://jeffsradios.weebly.com

God loves you as you are, not as you should be, because none of us are as we should be. - Brennan Manning

Thanks for the initial look.  Icon_smile

Icon_biggrin Icon_biggrin

Oh my, the model number label appears to be missing, making it extremely difficult to identify unless one had brochures of 1965-1970 Philco products (and I don't).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I just found a similar model on the auction site. It appears to have the same tuner. Seller says it's from 1966. It looks newer than that to me. More like 1968-71?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261656139252

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for taking a shot.   I think you are right, we are within a few years now.  Icon_smile

wye not ask seller for model #,,,,on back

1966 looks about right to my eyes, maybe a bit newer, but probably in the 1966-68 era, later on they tended to use less brightwork inside and blacked things out more like the Spanish style beast my parents owned. I once saw a similar unit to the one posted offered for free at the side of the road, it was not as long as that though but the knobs and the VM record changer were similar. If it was 1965 or older it would probably have tubes in it still.
Regards
Arran

Thanks.   Next to buy a replacement needle or cartridge to get the record player working.  The radio works but takes a little time to warm up.  The goal is to get it sounding as good as possible.

Okay, update.  With the help of the VofM website, I was able to gather some more info.  Looks like it is a 1967 based on the tag on the record player underneath.
8576706 1297     "857" is the EIA identification number for V-M Corporation. "6706" is the date code (changer built 6th week of 1967)
So next step is getting all the part to help get her running smoothly again.  Icon_smile
Very excited for this project.  Labor of love...  

Risto

Attached Files Image(s)