Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 650X Dial Light Mask - Is There One?

Greetings to the phorum! I've lurked here for awhile and have been greatly helped by posts from various individuals.  I'm working on a Philco 650X and note that it doesn't have a mask for the dial light.  The radio has four bands and the four backlit dial pointers are all visible no matter which band is selected.  I read Ron Ramirez's post on the restoration of a Model 655B* and saw the linkage and mask that radio uses to only show the backlit dial pointer for the band selected.  Does the 650X not have that feature?

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread...=model+655

Thanks,
Larry

If you will look at a brief thread about a 650B here, you will see that it did not have a shadow mask. It appears that the shadow mask was not introduced until the 650 was replaced by the 655. I'll have to look, if I don't forget, and see if very late production 650 sets had it...but I don't think they did.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thank you, Ron!  I was wondering if my radio was missing the shadow mask components; but, it looks like nothing is missing.  I also saw a YouTube video of a 650X that did not have a shadow mask. 

Larry

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Thank you, Bob!

welcome here also, Larry. Oh, and I did look and did not see anything mentioned about the addition of a shadow mask to model 650 in Philco's Changes in Models.

If you ever need a copy of that (it covers changes in Philcos from 1933 or so through 1938), you may download it here. Just look for changes.zip. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron, thanks for checking and for the changes link.

Larry