Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grebe Synchrophase AC6

It's possible that the terminal box, with all of the high voltages present, may have had a cover at one time, it's also possible that the cabinet originally had a solid or a mesh back like some Radiola console models did, my Can. Westinghouse model 89 was such. It's hard to believe but even before the overly litigious and regulated society got going manufacturers of electrical products were concerned about safety, in the case of electric irons and toasters the power cords were actually a lot better then they are now.
Regards
Arran

Arran, now that I know where the cabinet came from, I found pictures of one without a radio and it had a full wood back with a couple of holes in it. Not sure if it was original or if it was put on after the cabinet was re-purposed.  There are screw holes in the back of mine that would indicate that there was a back at one time. That would certainly improve the safety! Perhaps the holes in the back of the one in the pic lined up with the antenna and ground terminals.  

A couple a more pics. anyone recognize the radio brand?

Yea!!!!  I found an empty cabinet in Arizona (thanks to Kieth on the EH Scott forum) and bought it.  Now I have to figure out a way to get it here!  I suppose I could have them remove the doors and just ship that rather than the whole cabinet. I really didn't think I'd ever find a set of doors to put on my cabinet.  It'll cost me a fortune to have the whole cabinet shipped.  I need to get it out of there in the next 7 days.  Anyone have any experience with a shipper that can pick it up, pack it up, and ship it to Michigan? (Reasonably!!)

I don't know anything about this operation or cost, but you might look it over to see if it would be an option on getting the cabinet to you.
https://www.uship.com/