Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New finds at Sargent Auction

Came home with some nice radios Saturday from another Sargent auction here in Garland TX, Crosley Widget no guts or speaker need to find those items, a cathedral with missing clock I think its a radio kcon don't remember the correct name but will be looking for clock, Philco 14 lzx chairside with separate room speaker (nice) and a pilot cathedral missing the grill work, looks great without it , should have done my research on that radio, didn't realize till later when I looked it up on internet.

Attached Files Image(s)

The auxiliary speaker is a beauty...!

That Wigit chassis and speaker are going to be tough to find, but you never know what might turn up.  To make your quest slightly easier that same cabinet was used for two different models:  the model 47 was the 4 tube Elf and the model 48 was the 5 tube Wigit:

http://www.crosleyradios.com/48c.html

As you can see the speakers are a reed type with no real frame so they are pretty fragile.  I haven't pulled the speaker in my Wigit yet, but the cone was damaged when a snake (a pet of the previous owner) crawled inside the cabinet  Icon_wtf

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Thanks John,