Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Value of a Philco 37-89 Tombstone?

A high school classmate has this Philco 37-89.  I'd like to tell him its value.  He hasn't provided photos of the sides.  Seems to be in original condition with original finish.  I figure its value is either $25-$50 or $50-$75.  Can someone help me choose which range is most appropriate, or value if neither range is appropriate?

Thanks,
Larry

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm sure others will chime in with different opinions but, at one of our Wisconsin Antique Radio Club swap meets, you would easily get $50 - $75 for a nice tombstone Philco like that with a decent photo (faux) finish on the front panel.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Yes, the photofinished front panel looks nice, but take a close look at that cabinet - it's falling apart. You can see light coming through the cracks in the second photo.

$25-50 for parts value only.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yes that's true. Maybe it took a hard drop or maybe some water damage? Either way, I think you're right... $50 tops.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

I was about to say what Ron said.
Then again, people get lucky....

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks for the info, guys!  I'll inquire about the cabinet separation.

Larry

Hmmmm,
I will estimate more. These sell really well with a real nice photofinish.
The front seems to be a full separation of the front panel and some lifting of the top. The front can be centered again and reattached. If he does that then I would say $10.00.
The last one I saw sell on eBay was double that unrestored. Thats eBay though.
Locally I would ask $75.00 after a good cleanup..

Definitely a fall of some sort by the dent on the left side column and paint transfer. Hopefully it fell on a Crosley Icon_twisted

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Owner tried to lift radio by the top and the top pulled off.  Should be easy fix.  No water damage.  He acquired it in 1967 and it's been in his attic since then.

Around here you couldn't touch this for less than 100.00. But I'd say 40.00 would be a fair asking price.

Welcome Debaty and thanks!  Owner lives in Central PA.  I'm leaning more towards the $100 that you and Old Restorer mentioned.