Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sears Model 3351 132.802

Between the garden mowing acreage and the heat have not done a lot on the set. I had replaced a cap of 250pf with one of 220pf now it has a 250pf in place no change. Someone in the past had replaced 2  .05uf with orange drops they both tested good but I replaced both no change. One resistor that I replaced was color coded as 100 ohms the sch says 50k will try that next. David

Now that mowing season is over and some other honey dew projects are finish back to the radio. The poor thing has been sitting on my work bench for months. installed the tuner with new washers and tried the set, wow it works for like 20 minutes and then nothing. The 50 ohm resistor (R2) was very warm but checked out ok. turned set upright and it plays for like 10 minutes and stops. Back on its side and I stared pressing on stuff to see if something is loose and I press on a cap (C8) and it starts to play remove pressure and it stops. Will try and work on this poor thing some during the week.

If C8 is mounted on output transformer, suspect either shorting cap or intermittently open transformer. Verify B+ at plate of 35L6.

Tom

Finally got it fixed!!!! When I press on C-8 it moved a wire that was shorting to another pin on the 12A8GT. So while I was under the hood rechecked all my work again. Will let the set play for 8-10 hours before putting it back in the case.