Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ron's RCA T7-5 Electronic Rescue

What does rating "A" signify stamped on chassis back side?

Paul

Tubetalk1

105-125 volts, 50-60 cycles.

There was also a rating "B" = 105-125 volts, 25-60 cycles; and a rating "C" = 100-130/140-160/195-250 volts, 40-60 cycles.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hey, I know this thread is over a year old but it has and will be a great help for me as I am restoring this radio as well.

Thanks Ron

Jim
Spring Lake MI

Hey Jim, you live just down the road a piece. I'd like to see what you have sometime!

I just read through this whole thread. Ron's radio is virtually identical to my T8-18, except for not having the tuning eye tube. It was very interesting to see how we approached certain problems differently. I used a small pair of very thin needle nosed pliers slipped behind the pointer, and liberal PB Blaster applied to the shaft using a little paint brush, and managed to free it up to remove it. Mine had all replacement electrolytics, and I am not as much of a purist as Ron, so, with plenty of room beneath the chassis, I simply replaced the caps on the underside with new electrolytics with higher voltage ratings, 2 10 MFD and 1 20MFD. We both encountered the exact same candohm gone bad, and the same remaining good. My bad one had both sections gone, so I merely soldered new resistors of suitable wattage across the gaps in the candohm. Both our speakers were bad, and neither had a center spider. I don't think they originally had one. He sent his away, and I rebuilt mine myself. It was really interesting to read through the thread. Brought back a lot of memories of repairing mine. It now works great. I have been listening to the playoffs and now to the world series on it, sometimes on stations as far away as Chicago and Cincinnati. Great radios ! Tonight I am listening on WRVA 1140 in Richmond, VA. It's coming in like it was next door, not more than 300 miles.