Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-350 Repaired

I am new to the Phorum and an electronics novice.  This afternoon I finished repairs on a 46-350 that I picked up at a junk shop on a recent trip to Ohio. The advice and tips I got on the Phorum made it possible for me to get this old portable working again. Thanks for the help. 
Wayne

Welcome, Wayne.
Here goes #1. Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hi Wayne and welcome!
I'm a couple of miles south of the Willow Grove Mall so if you need anything look me up.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Welcome to the Phorum! Icon_wave

HAPPY TRAILS ,,,Mr. Wayne

Terry: Glad to know that you are nearby. Let’s try to connect sometime soon. Wayne

Check your pm bx.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

New to the Phorum, have a 46-350 that works, want to replace strap, not sure how the old one comes off, anyone here done this? I have replacement strap from someone who was selling them online, but hesitant to pry on stuff.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Long term, I want to build a battery box for the little radio, and do some minor clean up of the volume control and re-string the tuner string, the mechanism is pretty gunked up and needs a good clean up. I will post pics as I go along.

Jan

Please start a new thread, this is someone else's plus it is a year old.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.