Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Value of a Predicta Tandem?

A friend of mine wanted me to ask this a week ago (Oh, I am so absent minded! Icon_mad ). What is the value of a unrestored, Philco Predicta Tandem in good shape? I guess he had an offer of $500 for his, but being how he is, isn't sure if that was a fair price. Myself, I would have already been waving goodbye to it! Icon_lol

No matter where you go, there you are.

Wild ballpark guestimate $300 - $600. I sold a fully restored one with a good replacement picture tube for $1,000 a few years ago.

It's hard to say without more detail. There are some unique parts to a Tandem that are very hard to replace. Most notably:

The 25 foot long cable and connector. Are there any cracks in the insulation ? Is the center HV plug intact ? They tend to crack loose.

Is the picture tube good ?

Is the antenna intact ?

Are all the knobs there ?

Is it mahogany or the less common blonde?

Is the faux wood grain finish in good condition ? Or is it one of the rare early examples with real veneer ?

Jayce;
  The CRT is the real mitigating factor, if it has a worn out original tube, then that just about halves the value.
Regards
Arran

Hmm, I think I will call him tomorrow morning and advise if the guy is still wanting it and offering $500, sell it!

No matter where you go, there you are.