Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tuner not working on 46-420 code 121

Don't need an Oscope. An analog vacuum tube volt ohm meter is good or one of those new fangled digital jobs. Signal generator is a good thing to have also. Both can be had @ reasonable prices.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I copy.

That will be my next move.

Hello again -

I have been ingognito due to health concerns and a strained financial situation but I wanted to bring up anyone who was assisting me on my Hippo tuner issue.

I did buy a meter and test the rsistance across the tuner and it came out to about 3.3 ohms.
At this point I have decided to put this project on ice (not quit on it but just store the receiver for now) because I picked up another 46-420 code 121 for a steal.

My hew Hippo has an absolutely beautiful case (not the severe crack that the prior one has) and I have soldered in a new polarized AC cord. Powered it up and nothing. Looked at the 35Z5GT and it was blown from who knows when. Replaced it with one of many I have in stock and the radio is performing wonderfully. It has nothing at the absolute low end of the AM band, starts to get WLW AM 700 when it nears it and lets go soon after another turn and picks up another station farther up the dial. All this without the loop antenna attached.

Needless to say I will be concentrating on carefully recapping this Hippo and will resume the original project whenever.

I guess this thread can be regarded as "inert" or whatever because I don't want anyone to wonder what I've done lately with the tuner issue.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Hope you doing better these days!

>All this without the loop antenna attached.
Set won't receive properly w/o it connected.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thank you - it's appreciated.