Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FADA 195 A

As some may know the New England Vintage Electronics Club had our meet today in New Hampshire, though the morning looked promising a very pretty Sunrise the day was cool and overcast for the meet. Despite that many tailgated their wares and we had good crowds in the hall and in the Parking lot tailgating area. I think the tailgating is getting more popular due to not having to haul your goods all the way from lot to the hall just set up by your car, van, etc..... A high light was when of our members flew over several times in a Helicopter quite low at times to film the overhead view of the event, perhaps I can post when available.  Icon_smile

At the meet a senior club member and a true gentleman in the hobby approached me with a FADA 195 A from the early 20's? Asking my help in locating a schematic, I have looked on line but no luck. We did meet another fellow a NJARC member who had worked on that set some time ago and offered some pointers, but also said he could not find a schematic.  Icon_confused

So to these in this esteemed group, can any one render some assistance? 

I am much obliged. 

Paul

Tubetalk1

cant help here  have lot of fada schematic's  but nothing on 195a

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Thanks Sam, it is an oldie, way back machine. 

Paul

Tubetalk1

Paul;
  I have a Fada 175A, and I could not find a factory diagram for it either, but I found one that someone had made by tracing out the wiring in the set, in my case it was a 1924 model. One way you can often tell is that 1924-25 and earlier sets will have UV bayonet style sockets, but the 1925-26 and newer models will have UX style four pin style.
 The 192A was also known as the "Neutrolette", which I think was intended to be an economy model, unlike the Fada 175A there is a diagram in either the first Riders volume, or in one of the Gernsback books, it's a 1925 model. Five will get you ten that one or both of the audio interstage transformers are open circuit, my 175A still has the originals, one is good but the other is open circuit on one winding. Here is a site that has some of Gernsback;s books posted, as well as lots of early radio books and magazines, if you want to look:

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/

Regards
Arran

arran
here is a copy of 175  same as 185

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/tra...f428ea762b

lol ok so it copied whole section  175  is  13-10

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Sam;
  Those are at least a decade newer, my 175A is a three dial TRF from 1924, it's from the original F.A.D.Andrea company, before Frank sold the company.
Regards
Arran