Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-630 off/on, tone control

Does anyone have a off/on,tone control switch for my Philco 37-630 radio? When plugged in, the radio comes on immediately, I can't turn it "off". Thanks, Phil

The easiest thing to do would be to take the control apart and investigate what's going on with that switch, sometimes it's just a matter of the parts slipping out of proper alignment. If the switch is broken it is far easier to find a replacement switch then to replace the entire control, most controls were made by outside companies so it wasn't unusual to find that they use the same power switch in several different makes and models of sets, if you can find out who made it you should be able to find another switch. Ohmite, IRC, Mallory, Centralab, C.C.M, for example, were all used as original controls is dozens of makes and models of radios.
Best Regards
Arran

Hello Phil:

I have a suggestion and a request for assistance. First, Mark Oppat at Old Radio Parts repairs tone/volume controls. Perhaps he can repair your switch. See the following link: http://www.oldradioparts.net/controls.html

Second, I'm working on a Philco 37-620 and would like to know if it uses the same combined tone control/AC switch as your Philco 37-630. Do you have a schematic and parts list for the 37-630? (I could not locate one on the web.) The 37-620 uses a three-position switch, Part Number 42-1182.

Thanks,

Allen