Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Knob on 60B Early Version

I have a '35 60B (early version) as noted and pictured in the Gallery (shown below). Don't have a pic of mine that I've refinished handy, but happy to share later.

i'm sure this is my inexperience speaking -- but the 4 matching bakelite knobs that came with the radio purchase were in a separate pouch when I received. Great condition after I polished them. Wasn't until I finished the cabinet and had the chassis restored that I put the knobs on and one doesn't fit -- the hole is quite a bit too large for any of the shafts.

Is this more likely that the shaft has been replaced with a different size or I've got a replacement knob? Knobs match each other perfectly and are obviously vintage (and all have their springs in place). Did they make these knobs with different size shaft openings so I could possibly find a replacement? I plan to sell this radio so want to be authentic with whatever I have to do.

Thanks.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

"Ignorance is bliss...'til you have to fix a radio..."