Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio Heaven in Cave Creek AZ

I just found Philco Radio Heaven in Cave Creek AS! Philco Collector recently moved to assisted living...Ive offered to help catalog these radios for eventual sale...my fee is two radios. Which two would you take if you could choose?
Shawn

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more

Attached Files Image(s)

Tough question, and sad t ohear about assisted living, though I guess it is fate.

Good luck, take the two you like.

Paul

Tubetalk1

I wouldn't take any. I would be happy helping out .
                                     Henry

Seems like the owner just collected them, without doing restoration.
Good treasure trove of unmolested radios.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

(03-10-2019, 07:46 PM)radiohenry Wrote:  I wouldn't take any. I would be happy helping out .
                                     Henry

This was an option they offered and I accepted. The collector is a longtime retired ob/gyn in the area that is not penurious by any stretch of the imagination. The family was so overwhelmed they considered just throwing them all away...now they are getting them cataloged and ready for a sale in a couple weeks. I will probably put in close to 35 to 40 hours in by the time the sale occurs, cataloging and researching sold item on ebay. I enjoy helping and I will get a couple of unrestored radios. I would not help myself to the pick of the litter - that would be unfair.

I would probably pick 2 that I like that have all their knobs, good original grill cloth, no photofinish, and look like an easy resto.

There's an interesting trapezoidal (console?) cabinet half-in the top left of the 5th picture, is that a radio? If it is, that might be one that comes home with me.

Some of those are in pretty rough shape, I see what I think is a 38-62, faux finish is gone (so is the rest), as are the knobs, the one next to it has veneer damage, others look like they have all the tubes missing. I would go for the large cathedral on the top shelf as at least one of them (Clyde Shuler style), unless you prefer the Ed Combs style cathedrals, I see at least one good model 70 (correction it's a 21), a model 70, and possibly a model 90 as well, as well as a few bullet models, but it's your personal preference. He does seem to have a lot of model 60Bs, as well as model 84s, model 610Bs, and a few 89Bs, but no 620B/630Bs which is odd. They is a model 50 or 52B, not a good set but they are interesting. What did he have for console models?
Regards
Arran

I see a 41-250 log cabin in there. As the owner of one I can vouch for their performance. That would be a good choice and probably one of the cathedrals if it were me! Decisions decisions!

Ron

Bendix 0626.      RCA 8BX5.   RCA T64
Philco 41-250.    Philco49-500
GE 201.             Philco 39-25
Motorola 61X13. Philco 46-42        Crosley 52TQ
Philco 37-116.    Philco 70
AK 35                Philco 46-350
Philco 620B.       Zenith Transoceanic B-600
Philco 60B.         Majestic 50
Philco 52-944.    AK 84

I’d take the 70 or the 90 and call it good.

I see a 54C in there! It has the cap I need!

1929 Victor R-32, 1933 60L, Phil 40-158, Phil 42-400X, Phil 47-1230 Radio/Phono,, 1950 Phil TV t-1104, Air King 4000, Philco 41-105, Philco 37-675, RCA Victor 9K2, PT-50, Phil 54C, PT-44 Cabinet, Phil 118X Cabinet

Gregg Icon_thumbup

It's Done being organized

Attached Files Image(s)