Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can you identify?

Anyone recognize this chromed chassis radio?  It's at an auction this Sat. in MI.

McIntosh?

Justa guessing, E.H. Scott, McMurdo, or maybe Craftsman. Tube shields seem different though, and that's the only chrome chassis radios that come to mind right now.

Certainly not a Philco.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I don't recognize it as being any Scott that I have ever seen.  Not all that familiar with McMurdo Silvers, but the ones I've seen looked different as well.  Not at all familiar with Craftsman.

There was also Rogers.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

It looks like it might be this one.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1051&b...5001252558
I have a Wards movie dial console radio, but the chassis is not chromed

Yep, thats what it is... two chrome chassis, two giant speakers... With parallel push-pull 2A3's that thing will thump, but will cost an arm and a leg to replace those tubes if needed...

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/montgomery_62_197.html

Thanks guys!  this auction is this Sat. about 2 hours away.  Very tempted to go.  A LOT of radios. I really like more complex radios and this one is 16 tubes. Looks like fun. Then again, I have several EH Scott radios that are begging for attention! What's a guy to do?

Buy 'em when you see them and you can always fix them later... You may never see that radio again... Always buy them when you see them if the condition and price are right... It may be your only chance... We know we can get parts, tubes, caps, cloth, knobs, etc. to get them going, but you have to get the radio first...

I have two of them not in the best condition free for the taking if you happen to be passing through central Alberta Canada.

Gregb

I'd love to be passing through Alberta!  Beautiful country.  Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.