Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

47-1227 - Radio will not tune in any stations.

Will a band switch from a Philco 46-1226  am/sw/phono radio work as a band switch on a Philco 47-1227 am/fm/phono radio?
Will a band switch from a Philco 47-1240 work as a band switch on a Philco
47-1227?
Thanks

Would check the Philco part number to see if they are the same. Generally I would think not.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks Terry I found the part number

Thanks 
Rodney

Rodney

Please place your wanted ads in Wanted Ads. This section is not the place for that.

What makes you think the band switch is bad? Usually the only thing that goes wrong with band switches are (a) burnt contacts or (b) physical damage such as a broken wafer or broken contact(s).

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The band switch is bad because my friend who restores tvs, radios, jukeboxs, player pianos,  clocks and windup victrolas tells me its beyond repair. He's completely repaired a couple of radios for me.  He knows when an item Can not be repaired. I placed the need for this part here because it's part of this restoration.  It's a continuation of the restoration of this radio.  I put it here so those helping me will know what I need to complete the restoration.

Ok. I was curious about the band switch.

Quote:I placed the need for this part here because it's part of this restoration.

Your doing so violates the Phorum Rules. Please read and follow the Rules.

https://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showt...p?tid=4586

I'm really not trying to be a mod with a badge and an attitude, but we have rules for a reason and everyone is expected to follow them.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Please just remove me from the phorum your to picky with your rules

Please just remove me from the phorum your to picky with your rules. I will not be treated child with a warning level just because I disagree with you with my response.

Thread locked. That's all folks.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN