Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

47-1227 - Radio will not tune in any stations.

You've got a few choices. Shorted C 307,C 310, or C 103B. Open R 305 or R 101. Also my have a bad connection along the hv line thru these parts.

Happy hunting.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

My thoughts exactly something is up.

Hi again,   question?   Capacitor 310.   Has 3 wires coming out of it.  2 wires at  one end and 1 wire at the other end.   1 of these wires goes to ground.  How are the other 2 wires connected inside the capacitor?  What's inside this capacitor?
Is this 2 different capacitors inside?

https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...m-philcos/

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks to everyone for your help.   We are checking out the information we've received from you tonight.  My wife and I are leaving tomorrow morning for the week.  I'll be getting back to it again this weekend.  I'll appreciate all your help again this weekend!  Thanks Again

Hi Again. With your help the radio is working. We still have a problem with the tuning coil. The stations go on and off when you tap it. Can anyone repair this part??
I need a First IF Transformer.--- Part Number 32-4146
Reference Number Z300.
Anyone know where I can get this part?

play things of the past,,, google search

go to his site and you can see his inventory..
you copy and past the line item from "his" inventory" and put that into an email to Gary.

if you dont see your exact IF.... there may be other options of other IF's that will work.

Gary is on vacation till Aug or so...

I'd pull it apart and have a look at it to see if there is any bad connections. Beware that it's a somewhat of a delicate operation and that there is going to be some very fine wire used on the low frequency IF coils. This can be a little finicky to resolder/solder. I'm not quite sure of the construction of this particular transformer but never twist the form that the coils are wound on as it will break the fine wires (sometimes at the winding) and may not be able the resolder.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hi Terry,   We removed the part from the chassis an checked everything about it.  The part is bad.  For the past 3 days I've called and email so many people for this part or chassis. No one has the part or chassis.  I was hoping someone on the philco phorum would have what I need?  It looks like spending all this time and money on it is going to go to waste an it will end up in the junk pile.  I hope not.  Someone please help me.

Do not despair, it is frustrating, sometimes a project goes on the shelf till a part is located or something is figured out a different way. There are all kind of parts out there, maybe take some time to show up. 

No junkpiles, have faith in yourself, it will work out.

Paul

Tubetalk1

+1
Kutztown is coming up in a few months (Sept) maybe something could turn up there. Meanwhile put out some feelers there's ARF and several Facebook radio groups. When looking for a certain part do mention the model # from which the part goes to and what it does some folk just put a part# and will get ignored by most. You might have a look at a transformer from a 48-482. Frequencies are the same but done know about the physical layout. Unfortunately many of the early post war FM sets use an odd (non standard) IF frequencies. Philco used 9.1mc later on the everybody (Philco too) was using 10.7mc which was the standard for many yrs.
Patience is a virtue in this instances.
GL

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hi Luckey, I just pulled a 32-4146 for you out of my Impossible to repair 47-1230. You are welcome to it. Bill

Hi Bill,
Thank You so much for your help. Would you also have a band switch? Mine works but should be replaced. Please send me your name and address so I can pay you for the parts and postage.
You are a BLESSING. I'll never know how to Thank You.

My name and address is
Rodney Cook
46 Wharton Avenue
Middletown, Pa. 17057

Phone Number: 717-944-9167

Hi Rod, No my band switch is pretty crappy, but I'll send it if you want it. Anything else ? I don't want anything for what you need, just postage. Bill

Hi Bill,  I'll still take the switch.  Maybe I better get the other two IF Transformers next to the 32-4146 just in case something is wrong with one of them after we hook this one up.I
Once again Thank You for your help I greatly appreciate all your doing.
Please forward me your name and address and what I owe you an I will send the cost right away