Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 45C restoration

I filed dispute on Youtube.

They try to discourage you by saying that "if you file a fraudulent dispute your account could be terminated".
I decided "screw it". I believe showing a radio playing a snippet of a song (played by a licensed radio station that pays for copyrighted material) for demo purposes constitutes "fair use", let alone this video cannot possibly be monetized for its music, given what plays it and how it is played.

Let's see. I am interested now.
After all it was blocked by bots.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I decided to permanently remove my Youtube account.
Screw them.

Their response: the video played this:

Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry (Love Version)

There is only "Come together", not even in full, in it and no other songs, so they don't even bother checking.
I do not need the aggravation of even thinking about these putzes anymore.

I can use Youtube just for watching.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I've posted a few YouTube videos to show a radio playing, and now I try not to demonstrate a radio playing any music...thanks to WMG. Apparently any snippet of talk radio is OK, but not music. Especially Warner Music Group-controlled music.

Now, I firmly believe in copyright laws, and I know I've made enemies on ARF in the past for my insistence that no one should take photos from this website (Philcoradio.com) and just repost them as if they belonged to the poster, without asking permission. (There have been people who asked permission first, and I always told these people yes provided they gave proper credit to the source - me. So I don't mind helping anyone out if they simply ask first.) I've often wondered if this is why so many ARFers pretend this website does not exist, promoting Radiomuseum instead. However, Radiomuseum has the same policy about not using their images or text without permission - although a lot of people do, and apparently RM doesn't bother to police such activity. Their problem, not mine.

But for WMG to cause YouTube to pull a simple video demonstrating a working radio that happens to be playing a few seconds of a WMG song is, in my view, ridiculous. As you say, Mike, it would be different if one were posting the entire song in CD-quality sound.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,

I also believe in copyright laws. I also do not think anyone is entitled to take legitimate earnings from intellectual property owners.
Which I think a video like mine did not even come close to doing. Else we come to the point where I cannot show my wedding or any festivities where any music is being played. No one is going to go to Youtube, find an AM radio demo playing 1 minute of "Come together" and listen to it instead of listening to actual "Abbey Road", or even maybe an illegal but high-quality full recording of the song.

So.....I parted ways with them.
I wonder if there is a good video service...I mean there are Vimeo and such, but has anyone used them? I would like to find a service with good common sense in copyright laws enforcement policies.

I'm not disagreeing with you, Mike. Quite the contrary, I fully agree with you and I feel you definitely have a legitimate beef with YouTube (and, more correctly, Warner Music Group) over this ridiculous policy.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,

I understood you were agreeing; I just felt the need to b...ch a little more Icon_smile adding to my earlier arguments.

Well....I've been Warned. Icon_lol

Icon_lol Understood. Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN