Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42 PT-7

Got the new tube socket finally in and I WAS right... The only reason the tube didn’t go in all the way was because I didn’t have enough  leverage to get it to lock in because it’s new and the socket wasn’t yet installed (went in with little effort after the socket was installed. Next goal is to wire it up and install the caps. Wish me luck!

I need advice although I think I already know the best way to handle this proper, I’m just scared to ruin the cap in the process because I don’t know what to replace with.. I’ve got a couple of iffy connections behind this mica cap that in order to repair them properly they should be replaced. As you can see I’ve attempted to do the repair without removing it but, I’m not really happy with it (especially the black wire) Got any safe and reliable ways to go about fixing those without removing the cap or can I remove the cap and reinstall it when I’m done without breaking it… i know I can unsolder it but, I’m more worried about being able to resolder it back on

Attached Files Image(s)

not purposely of course but, I somehow broke (more like disconnected because I don’t actually see and breakage) all the coil wires to one of my I.F coils and I’m told they arent easy to put back (even though I’ve got pictures and they look pretty straight forward. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? If worse came to worse can I take the other I.F out of its can and just copy that one?

Thanks