Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unknown cathedral radio... HELP !

It is now wired exactly like the Jackson-Bell Model 4 with all new parts except for the tube sockets, power transformer, the coils, the speaker assembly, and 2 gang variable condenser. I did add a .068 condenser across the 400 ohm resistor in the power supply to decouple some variation off the grid bias, although the difference is minimal with or without it. If you give it a while to warm up, at least 5 minutes, it picks up a number of stations now. The volume on many of them is not very high, but they are listenable. I think it's about the best I can hope for. I wonder if this was one of those ultra cheap sets radio dealers of the time, the Great Depression, had in their store so they could advertise them at a low price, then up-sell customers by showing them how much better their other, slightly more expensive sets performed. I remember reading something about this in the magazines in the links John (Eliot Ness) posted earlier in this thread. Very interesting reading there. I downloaded it all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unknown cathedral radio... HELP ! - by KCMike - 07-01-2019, 07:04 AM
RE: Unknown cathedral radio... HELP ! - by mikethedruid - 08-31-2019, 02:57 AM