Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for a communications receiver?

And now Rob:

Quote:Having said all that, I find myself getting bored with the shortwave stuff. Not much of interest to me. So my question to you ham operators and other DX'rs, What is it that holds your interest in the upper bands? Is it the novelty of hearing stations thousands of miles away or is it something I have yet to learn?

I'm not a ham but I'll try to answer from my own perspective. For me, I think nostalgia is the main driving factor. For the short time I had my DX-302 up and running with my new longwire, before the MHz gear broke, I was picking up some SW on the 31M band in the early evening while the sun was still out here. It was neat to hear, after many years of not listening to any SW. Back when I was in my teens, about 300 years ago, I was an avid DXer. This was back when you could literally tune in the world on SW, long before the Internet.

Yes, for me, I do also think it is the novelty of hearing stations thousands of miles away.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a communications receiver? - by Ron Ramirez - 08-02-2019, 08:42 PM