Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for a communications receiver?

My Hammarlund HQ-129-X:

The seller said it was in working condition. I was very happy to find, upon bringing it home and trying it out, that he was telling the truth. So many times over the years, I have bought radios from sellers who claimed their radios were "working" when they really weren't, so long ago I learned to take such claims with a grain of salt. To have someone say a radio is working, and to find it really does work, is like a breath of fresh air. I wish I remembered his name so I could thank him for his honesty, which is very much appreciated.

Obviously, none of the knobs are original. That's okay. In a brief test, first on AM and then in the 25 and 31 meter shortwave bands, the HQ-129-X seems to be almost as sensitive as was my Realistic DX-302 before its MHz knob broke. I think the HQ-129-X would benefit from a good alignment, and I will need to look at its audio section as I had to nearly crank the volume control to get good volume from the headphones I was using (low impedance). But I'm happy with it overall.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a communications receiver? - by Ron Ramirez - 08-06-2019, 04:55 PM