Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Philco collection is almost in one place.

Last year, I lost my job due to lack of work and had to relocate. Now, after a lot of hassles, all but one of my Philco sets are in one place. The blond console will be here in two weeks (not enough room in the truck for it). Here's a little useless information.

My 50T1403 went up in smoke in October of last year. I discovered that a chassis mounted power resistor shorted to ground. Replace this resistor regardless and add a 1 amp fuse between the heater of the 5U4 and the first filter. Pay particular attention to the run number. There are major differences between the two runs.

I think I found a CRT for my Predicta. I saw an identical Predicta at a scrapyard. The owner sold it to me cheap. If the CRT is good, I can proceed with the one I intend to restore.

I restored the 17" console with the split chassis. The flyback was toast. I replaced it and have a few minor issues. Despite the CRT checker shouwin weak emission, the picture is nice and bright. Unfortunately, there is an intermittant in the horizontal oscillator. Once I find it, we should be good to go. The tuner needs slight adjustment. No big deal. I also have a humbar, despite replacing the lytics. I am thinking shorted filter choke. I do have a replacement which just might work. I'll be working on this over the weekend.

The 17" mini swivel console is still unrestored.

My 14" Transitone had a basic recap. This comes from the Predicta era. The boards need to be removed to properly recap. I get a nice raster on a test CRT. I will dig into this further at a later time. So far, there is no evidence that the k-networks need rebuilt.

There is another collector about an hour away that has a Philco color roundie. I think I just may snag it.

Visit the world's worst TV restoration website.

http://evilfurnaceman.tripod.com