Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

David Bogen Tuner and Amps

It looks like antique electric supply might have suitable twist lock cans for the multi section electrolytic. That would be a labour saver, as they are 20 uF, 20 uF, 10 uF, 10 uF, serving all the decoupling duties for the preamp and other audio stages prior to the output section. The main HT is at 610 v, which Bogen handled with two 30 uF cans in series. They are mounted on phenolic insulator spacers, and have carboard covers, since at least one of them is floating at 300V! These, I'll probably stuff, since close replacements including the insulation won't be so easy to find. The high HT explains the very respectable 35W continuous power output from smaller O/P valves.

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

A lot of things got in the way... but I have finally ordered and received caps. Unhappy with the offerings for (not quite) drop-in twist-locks, I have decided to roll up my sleeves, roll up the can edges and restuff Icon_smile

Hello Ed,
Sounds like a plan then you can use the capacitors of your choice what I used 95 % of the time is Nichicon Capacitors.

Sincerely Richard

Rich - That's what I figured... I was able to select carefully for size, Temp and ESR ratings etc. I believe most of the selection was from Nichicon. I trust this brand also.

Hello Ed,
yes, I have been using nichicon capacitors since the 1980s Along with sprague and United chemical and there are few other.

Sincerely Rich