Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Farnsworth AC-70

Along with my recap job on my Philco 38-12, I am going to recap Farnsworth AC-70. The dial glass has a chunk missing out of the upper right corner and I was wondering if there was a replacement out there for it.

The short answer is no. Currently there is no replacements being reproduced.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok, thank you.

The longer answer is that you may be able to get a reproduction by contacting Radio Daze LLC. They make reproduction dial glasses and if you have most of the dial to send to them they may be able to make a new one for you. They are in the process of focusing their business on their graphics although I also read that there were some health issues with one of their designers that may slow things a bit. Worth a try.

Awesome, I will try that

Is this it???
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...877697314/

Yup, that’s it.

Maybe they'd be willing to part it out?

Thanks for everyone's input. Caps arrived and I will start with this project. My first recapping so I hope to do it well and have a "hum-less" clear sounding radio shortly. 
Afterward, I hope to sell it. Any info pricing and where to market would be greatly appreciated. Not in this to make money, just recoup what I got invested so I can get another radio to feed my "habit".

I found a capacitor with a rating of 0.05mF 600VDC! I thought that electolytics were all DC but the mF seems too small...can anyone shed some light?