Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mystery Control Demonstration

I've had several requests to show the operation of my Philco Mystery Control System. After working through the Beam of Light issues late last Spring with my 41-616 Philco Radio/Phonograph Console, I thought I was in a position to show the Mystery Control in operation, but I was wrong. It was not working correctly. I finally had a chance to go through the alignment procedure again last week and now have a fully functional unit.

If you'd like to see the Mystery Control in operation, as well as the Beam of Light changer going through it's paces, then click here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ampicokid30#p/a

Thanks for taking a look.
Bob

Great demo Bob!
Thanks for sharing that.

Chuck

I'll ditto that! Very cool!

There is one of these beasties on eBay right now...not terribly far from me...makes me wish I had the time and the space for one of these. But I must resist...

http://cgi.ebay.com/140357282505

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

That is amazing! I didn't even have a remote controlled TV till 40 years after that radio. Thanks.

Phil aka Philbert Q. Desenex - Twin Cities, MN

Really nice job. I know it took a lot of work,

In a word:

WANT!

Hi Bob,
Really nice demo of the Mystery Control and the Beam of Light phono in your second video. I never saw one in action, and now I will know what I am looking at in case I find one.

I was wondering about the other tone arm on the left side, if indeed that was another tone arm. I wouldn't think this was a phono with a cutting head.

Thanks!
Gary.

gary rabbitt Wrote:Hi Bob,
Really nice demo of the Mystery Control and the Beam of Light phono in your second video. I never saw one in action, and now I will know what I am looking at in case I find one.

I was wondering about the other tone arm on the left side, if indeed that was another tone arm. I wouldn't think this was a phono with a cutting head.

Thanks!
Gary.

Hi Gary;
The other tone arm is a cutting head. It's an HR-1 Home Recording Unit optional accessory. It is functional, but I have so few blank discs that I rarely use it. This Radio was Philco's top of the line in 1941 and had all of the bells and whistles.
Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.
Bob