Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Tropic B806

Hello, all!

I'm trying to restore a Philco Tropic model B806 made in GB.

It's a complete mess. Although it is similar to model B2806 (LW instead of SW), I really would like to find the correct schematics. As it can be seen on the pictures it will have to go back to bare metal first and I feel I won't be able to put it back together without the correct service manual.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

All the best.
Joao

Attached Files Image(s)

One place to try for a UK schematic is Just Radios.

Ron is the utmost authority on Tropics, so hopefully he also could help you with a UK model.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Unfortunately I do not have the schematic for that model.

I have the DVD of British service info from the UK Vintage Radio Service Data website. Unfortunately (a) the DVD is ten years old now and (b) it does not include the B806. In fact it includes few, if any, Philco Tropic models produced in the UK simply because they were built for export, so they may not have retained documentation there. I don't know. All I do know is that I don't have it...sorry.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a reply from Just Radios, no joy.

I'll keep looking around. My main concern is that it went through a previous repair attempt and even the filament connections are wrong. Some resistors look salvaged from another set (R15 for example) and the resistance doesn't match B2806's schematic.

I think I can manage if the only thing that changes between the sets is the tuning part, but will need to confirm that before stripping the B806.

JZ