Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-608 Multiple Questions

Howdy all,

I have a Philco 41-608 partially restored so far. I have the chassis done and the radio plays and sounds great. This set had been converted sometime in the past away from the Beam of Light in the tonearm, but I found a functional tonearm with the BOL components working. Unfortunately I'm missing the little transformer that was attached to the top of the cabinet inside.  I remember seeing some mention of this, either on this forum or another one, but I've been unable to find the thread. I expect that an original transformer is unobtainium, so I'm OK with a substitute. I just need help with determining the right one to install and how to wire it.
The next question is about the turntable. I'd like to get the repair manual for it so I can set it up correctly, but I haven't been able to determine which model I have. It has the HR-1 kit installed with a manual reject button. Finally, the coupler between the motor and spindle came out in multiple pieces. Is there a source for something like that or do I need to reverse-engineer a coupler from the pieces I have left?

Thanks,
Ed