Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Designer of the 42-350T ?

Anyone have background on who the designer of the 42-350T was ? It seems to stand out as different then the other wood Philco's in 1942 having a Zenith Zepher wrap around look to it. The predominant use of solid wood verses veneers is another feature setting the 350T apart from the other '42 wood Philco's.

It's a nice set......very machine age look to it.

I'm sure Mr. Ramirez could tell you who designed the 42-350T, to me the cabinet does bear some relation to the Philco 180, 280, and 380 series floor models although they aren't the same. It's just too bad that the FM band that those sets have is virtually useless these days.
Best Regards
Arran

I am sure I have the info around here, but as I have recently moved that stuff is still in boxes and probably will be for some time.

If I were guessing, I would guess Emil Harman or Edgar Haines; they were Philco's main designers by the early forties.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well, I was wrong; it was an "F. Newman" that designed the 42-350T cabinet.

41,750 were made, all by Red Lion Cabinet Co.

(Yes, I've started unpacking.) Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron. Now I'm inspired to rescue an example currently at a local antique shop...$18 seems like a deal.

Given what those things bring on eBay...yes, absolutely, $18 is a fantastic deal for any old radio. And why haven't you picked it up yet? Icon_lol

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN