Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chassis labels

I have restored a number of Philco radios and most of them have chassis/cabinet labels in very poor condition or missing entirely. These are the ones inside the radio and are typically bad enough that photographing them and trying to touch them up in Photoshop is not practical.

Right now I am working on a 37-610. There are two chassis labels and one cabinet label that have crumbled away. Does anyone make reproductions? Alternately does anyone have a radio with these in good enough condition to photograph? These are the tube layout, the patent ID, and the blue colored model number labels.

Thanks,

Steve D

Steve,
If you have any label left at all, photograph it and email it to me, I can work miracles in Photoshop if I have anything to work with, give me a try, PS photograph the top of the chassis also, it will help in recreating the label.

jjbuzard@yahoo.com

Hi Steve,
I believe I have a 37-610 in the basement that might have a good label in it to photograph.
I will check today and see what I have. If it has good labels, I'll take sharp close ups and send them along.

Gary.

Gary, a photograph of an intact label along with the patent label next to it would help tremendously.

JJBuzzard sent me an excellent Photoshop reproduction from my photo of the portion I had left. I have been trying to find a photo of another chassis to determine what the missing part of the label contains for the past two weeks with no success. I did find one on the internet but it was so small that even when enlarged I couldn't read it. There is nothing left but a small corner of the patent label which appears white with black print.

My email is sndeclar@embarqmail.com

Thanks again,

Steve D

Steve,
I have an excellent Patent label for my 41-296X which I can recreate easily as a make do for your label. Keep me posted on your progress in finding the missing words. I will post a picture of the recreated label here for everyone to look at to see if they know the missing words.

Also I still haven't finished the lower drawing of the connection until I hear from you.
Jim B

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

Hi guys,
I am sorry I didnt' have a 37-610, I had a 37-670.

I did send Steve the labels on that, and a model 611, in case some of the labels are similar. You can clone whatever wording you want, and modify the tube layout diagram. I sent him what I had.

I did have one of the antennal labels on the back of the -670. Of course, your model might have different hookups.

One thing to note, this label was placed over another same label on the set. I couldn't see thru the top pne if there was a difference in the hookups. YOU can porbably wee the other label underneath the top one.

For fun, I tried to make a 37-610 'blue label' for the set. You may have to change the wattage.

The way I do the repro labels is different than drawing a new one. While they do look nice, and take a lot of work, they lack the stains and wear on original labels. I doclean them up somewhat, but if these is a small stain, that will carry over to the print, and look exactly like the original.

Your label you created looks very nice, and beyond what I could do with a cheap-o graphics program.

Here are two of the labels. Steve can send you the others I sent him, if they can be cloned to something he can use.

[Image: http://www.grabbittradios.com/radio/DSC00085.jpg]

[Image: http://www.grabbittradios.com/radio/37%2...0clone.jpg]

Take care, and good luck guys.
Gary.