Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 570 Gramps Clock

That's the one. I paid more like $5 each as I recall. Got a bunch of them. PM me your address. Yes it is easy to change the fuses. There is a fuse in each leg of the plug. they slip in from the plug end. There is a small hole on the cord end that allows you to push the fuses out.

I've been using them on several radios to avoid putting a fuse holder under the chassis. The biggest problem with them is that they stick out from the wall a bit more than a normal plug.

Thanks!
PM is on its way.

So I guess I will chop off the end of that triple outlet that is on the radios' wall, and put that Elmenco instead, it shall then protect everything from the plug up.
I still need to plug something it the triple outlet, again, won't acept a polarized plug.....but this can be taken care of.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Those plugs are pretty slick.  The first time I ran into one was on a tube tester when I replaced the cord about a year ago for a friend.  I doubt it was OEM on that tester but I was impressed when I realized it held two fuses and how easy they were to change.

I might have to pick one up so I can leave my 570 plugged in all the time.....

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

John

What would you think a fair offer for 10 of these would be?
The guy also wants $15 for postage, so this is part of the cost?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Maybe $50? With shipping that's $6.50 each, but I've never priced them before. I'm sure there's a dusty box of them somewhere for $5 or $10 but we don't know where they're at Icon_e_wink

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY

Rfeenstra,

Let's wait 'till tomorrow, I made an offer to the guy. If he does not accept, then I'll gladly take you upon your offer.
If he does then I will have some.

So...I made an offer....he countered....I countered...he accepted, so I have the whole thing for the same as he listed it without shipping.
It comes to $7.43 apiece, and it ain't bad considering when sold piece by piece, the asking price iz $11-$14. Too much if you ask me.
So.....if  nothing bad happens to the p,ugs while in shipment (lost-stole-crushed) I can have my 570 start keeping time and I will be able to see how well it does that.

Rfeenstra,

Thanks again for the generous offer.

Now waiting for the grass.....plugs to come.

Glad you got the plugs Mike.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY

OK,

The plugs came both from eBay (Elmenco) and Amazon (non-polarized, cheap, like $1.50 ea). The Elmenco goes to the outlet plug and the brown one goes to the 70 chassis plug to mate with the doubled outlet inside the cabinet.

Just realized need larger fuses size. I have 5x20 and need 6x30 mm type.
Have to order.
Ok, it waited 4 years...will wait a week more.

Forgot to mention:

I put the fuses in and plugged the clock into the outlet on May 23rd.
I am pretty amazed that in these 3 weeks the 570 clock shows no difference in the time it shows with my Seico wristwatch I used to set the time.
Very impressive.