Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thoughts on Philco Transitone TH-3

Hello, I just bought one of these radios withing the last couple weeks as a nice project to work on while everyone is at home due to the corona virus, I just got her recapped and am working on alignment! Does anyone else have this set?? If so what are your thoughts?? I have to rebuild the pilot light assembly, as it is working intermittently, other than that, this set is a real DXer, connected to just a metal clipboard that just happened to be on the table as I was doing alignment, I was receiving stations from my house in Detroit, all the way from New York, Pennsylvania, Canada, New Jersey, Tennessee, south Carolina, and others! It honestly took me by surprise, as I'm used to having AA5's that just get local stations!

Welcome to the Phorum! Icon_wave

Thank you! It's actually pretty funny, I saw the Transitone set when I was about 8-9 years old when I was looking up another set on the site and always wanted one, now that I'm 21, I finally found one! Funny how stuff like that works!

Good luck with it. Wish I was 21, maybe! Paul

Tubetalk1

Eh I don't know about that you guys got to really have some fun back in the day, today? Not so much