Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1948 Westinghouse Model 1821 (182) audio problems

Quote:First of all, I think that the schematic I am attaching is correct, but .... be careful with it.

Second, the easiest and usually the fastest way to identify "why" something is not working is to trouble shoot it logically. Start by injecting an audio signal from your generator into the speaker and from there work back thru the stages until you get to the detector at which point you switch to the IF frequencies (different for AM and FM) and keep working back until you lose the signal.

The stage where you lose the signal is the problem.

Thanks, I already have a copy of the schematic and I've looked it over and it seems to be a pretty decent unit for being a series string set, the problem is, I don't have a signal generator, and I have tried to get my hands on one a couple of times through facebook market place but the people selling them weren't willing to meet me half way in between to pick it up (they were both located about an hour from me in Northeast Indiana) they wanted me to go to them to pick it up which while I have relatives that live over that way, I'm not super familiar with that area because I don't drive there that often.

so I don't know if I can get my hands on one or if anyone on here that lives nearby might have one they could lend me temporarily that would be great.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1948 Westinghouse Model 1821 (182) audio problems - by captainclock1988 - 04-14-2020, 11:30 AM