Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1948 Westinghouse Model 1821 (182) audio problems

Quote:Engineers go by datasheets and abs max ratings. NOT by the schematics that use parts. At least the good ones do.

Yes, but those schematics and service datas that Beitmans and Riders used came from the factory that made those respective radios, so those scematics in those service manual were originally drawn up by those very engineers that you said go by tube data sheets and max ratings, unless you're suggesting that perhaps the engineers at Westinghouse who designed this radio were morons?  Icon_eek Icon_wtf

So I would tend to trust that the data given in the Riders (with exception of known manuals that have known typos), has the correct information, coupled with the fact that my radio which was untouched from what I could see matched the Riders and Beitmans service Data exactly right down to the component values, which makes me think that those electrolytic caps were NOT a mistake and were put in there for a reason.

I have ordered 2 47 MFD 250 WVDC electrolytics to replace the old 50 MFD 150 units that were in there originally.

I have also ordered the rest of the caps to replace the paper caps that I wasn't able to replace previously, and I also ordered a replacement output tranny so hopefully we can get some action out of this unit again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1948 Westinghouse Model 1821 (182) audio problems - by captainclock1988 - 09-11-2020, 06:01 PM