Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I am looking for a technical sheet and schematic of the radio model 46-806 tropic

Hola amigos :
busco información de la radio 46-806 esquema la ficha técnica no funciona pero en un lado pone 123v y en otro 220v yo la he probado a 125 y no hace nada si puedo hoy os mando fotos.Un saludo y si alguien tiene datos que me mande la ficha técnica o el esquema.

Hello friends:

I am looking for information from radio 46-806, the technical data sheet does not work but on the one hand it says 123v and on the other 220v I tested it at 125 and it does nothing if I can, I will send you photos today. send the data sheet or the diagram.

If those two voltages are listed then there should be a switching arrangement to go from one voltage to the other. Make sure that you have it switched to the 120 volt setting . If it is set to 220 and you plug it in to 120 you won't get anything at all.
                                                          Henry

Translation:

Hello friends :
I am looking for information from the radio 46-806, the technical data sheet does not work but on one side it says 123v and on the other 220v I have tested it at 125 and it does nothing if I can, I will send you photos today. send the technical sheet or the diagram.

Hello friends:

I am looking for information from radio 46-806, the technical data sheet does not work but on the one hand it says 123v and on the other 220v I tested it at 125 and it does nothing if I can, I will send you photos today. send the data sheet or the diagram.

I just looked on line and your radio is listed at Radiomuseum. Google Philco 46-806 radio and you will find the listing at RM. The schematic is shown as well.Information can be downloaded with out being a member. I did see that a ballast tube is used . There is an arrow on the ballast tube if you notice. The chassis may be stamped 120 say to the left side and 220 to the right side and the arrow on the ballast tube must point to the voltage setting required . So you may need to remove the tube and re orientate in the proper direction . The ballast tube being the tube on the right side looking in from the back of the radio. It is a perforated metal housing that will become quite hot in use. 
                                                                GL,
                                                                      Henry

The second message looks like the optimized version of the first Icon_smile

This said, one thread with one message would be enough.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Or you could just find it in our library: https://philcoradio.com/library/download...6-1947.pdf
GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Wow,
 Who knew? Certainly not me.  
 Terry , Thanks for posting . Guess I need to go to the library more often.

Henry

[archivo adjunto = 22676]             Hola amigos:
  muchas gracias a todos me han ayudado al final uno de sus colegas me dijo que tenía una pieza con muchos agujeros y que tenía una flecha que tenía que marcar hacia 220 v lo hizo de esa manera pero la radio no encienda una sola sola tiene una pequeño transformador en la parte superior del altavoz y uno de los cables es como los de una lámpara de cable paralelo para el control de la foto.
Saludos cordiales a todos

Attached Files Image(s)

You need to put that ballast resistor at whatever voltage you are using if you have 220 then it needs to be at 220  if 120 then you need to set it for that. Once it is set to the correct voltage if it does not work I would suggest you then starting with the ballast resistor clean the pins with a non metallic abrasive and test to see if there is resistance between the pins. Then one at a time remove the tubes/valves and do the same checking to be sure the filaments are not open. If the ballast resistor or any tube/valve has an open filament then the radio will not work. Also check to see that the power cord and switch are functioning ( do that first).
                                                                 Good luck.
                                                                            Henry