Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

1927 Eveready (National Carbon) Model 1 TRF Radio

Thanks for the tip on the speaker repair. The rubber wire in this radio is roached. It looks as if the old rubber insulation on the wiring had melted from the radio being stored in a hot attic for many years and then the rubber had hardened after a while which had actually caused the rubber wires to "weld" themselves together where the insulation from some of the wires had touched each other when the insulation had melted years earlier.

Do you guys have a suggestion of where I might source some good replacement wire to replace the old roached out wires? I know unfortunately some of the wires won't be able to be replaced, like some of the wires coming out of the transformers (specifically the power transformer) but at least some of the wires that are going from the power supply chassis to the tuner chassis that feed the tube grid, filiment, and plate voltages to the tubes sockets on the tuner chassis. I looked at AES and they were all sold out of hookup wire, and I checked over at Radio Daze and they wanted almost $10 a foot for their hookup wire!  Icon_wtf

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1927 Eveready (National Carbon) Model 1 TRF Radio - by captainclock1988 - 07-21-2020, 12:46 AM