Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

1927 Eveready (National Carbon) Model 1 TRF Radio

OK, So I figured out that this radio is actually a rebadged United American Bosch Model 28 radio and I'm going to need a 50,000 Ohm fuse style resistor to replace the old Plate Resistor that measures open on this unit, the 3 Meg Grid Leak Resistor is measuring fine but the Plate Resistor is measuring open.

As for the filter caps, they are self contained inside the "filter can" assembly which is a permanently sealed metal box that has to be replaced as one whole assembly, which contains a Filter Choke and 2 filter capacitos, which I'm assuming the filter choke is fine but the filter caps will need to be replaced, which I think what I could do about that is to just cut the wire leads from the filter capacitors out of the circuit (while still leaving the filter choke in the circuit and leaving the filter can assembly in the radio for appearances sake and for the filter choke function) and just wire in some replacement electrolytics to where the old filter caps were connected at on the radio chassis (which thankfully is fairly close to each other) and then go from there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1927 Eveready (National Carbon) Model 1 TRF Radio - by captainclock1988 - 07-23-2020, 07:50 PM