Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

you can watch a black and white tv

Hello friends:
I have a brand television, I think I remember bambino, being in these modern times, there is no way to see television in black and white, again it works as well as DTT cannot be connected to them.
Since I would like to buy a music cabinet with a television and a record player.

Hi Locuspiolin,

I know that this is 3 months late, but you can still watch an antique TV with currently available video sources.  I am assuming that you are in the USA (which used the  "NTSC" Standard).  If you live in a European country that uses the PAL Standard, the choices are still similar.  The NTSC Standard required Color programs to be viewable on black and white TV Sets.  PAL likely had a similar requirement.  Following are 5 Methods:
  • Use a VCR .  These will usually have an "RF (NTSC) Output selectable for Channel 3 or Channel 4.  After all, these were designed for analog TV.
  • Use a DVD Player (not Blue Ray) with an "RF Modulator".  The output of most DVD Players are composite video with stereo audio (AV).  The RF Modulator (Available on most any On Line Service such as eBay or Amazon) accepts the A/V input and modulates it for Channel 3 or 4.
  • Use an ATSC-NTSC digital convertor.  When all analog TV in the US ceased transmission, converts were available for "over the air" digital Television  (The ATSC Standard).  These convertors hooked up to an antenna, The  old UHF-VHF antenna on your roof (if still there) would work fine.  The output of these convertors had both AV and RF (Channel 3 or 4) outputs.
  • Your cable box (Set Top Box) may have an NTSC RF Output for Channel 3 or 4 and / or AV Outputs in addition to A/V  outputs.  I have Verizon FiOS, and my boxes have these outputs.  If not, contact your cable company to determine if they can provide such a Set Top Box.
  • Search the internet for an HDMI (Digital) to  RCA Analog convertor.  Ensure that the HDMI is the input to the convertor and the output is the RCA Analog connection.  These convertors support both the US NTSC and the European PAL Standards.
Remember, analog color signals should display correctly on a Black and White TV.

Good Luck.

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55