Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

TrueTone Model D-2026 series B Manual

Received a pair of 1.2K 50 watt and 1K 50 watt chassis mount resistors in the mail yesterday. The 1k resistors placed my center tapped outputs slightly above the 250 vac reference. The 1.2 k pair placed me slightly under the 250 vac reference, 248 vac. Installed 1.2k pair with a bit of thermal grease to help dissipate heat. Now when radio plugged into wall outlet, it displays proper radio operation instead of center tapped secondary overdriving everything and causing radio to be inop. After playing on AM for a half hour temperature of 1.2k resistors approximately  107 F. Even was rewarded with two somewhat weak FM stations. So... looks like I am on solid ground as far as progress. Can pick up over 40 AM stations most are weak, which far surpasses any other radio I've worked on yet. Thinking I'll start by just touching up Osc and antenna tuning on the tuning gang and see if that strengthens the output. 

Need to put out a call for a little help on finding the alignment directions for this Truetone D-2226A chassis. The schematic was kindly supplied to me and has gotten me where I am now. But have been unable to find a detailed alignment procedure. Think I have AM tuning figured out. FM not so much.

Have boosted my knowledge of tube type radios a fair amount with this radio. Also learned the bulb filament on my dim bulb tester can provide false readings when checking operational voltages during troubleshooting. Comes a time after all the caps have been changed to just plug it into a wall outlet and see what happens. Voltmeter probes in hand to quickly take power supply voltages.

Messages In This Thread
TrueTone Model D-2026 series B Manual - by TTech - 10-04-2020, 11:34 AM
RE: TrueTone Model D-2026 series B Manual - by TTech - 12-12-2020, 07:22 AM