Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

TrueTone Model D-2026 series B Manual

Finally sat down yesterday with my new Sams PhotoFact and started in on A.M. alignment. At first I could not get much improvement. Had noticed at times radio would have a blast of audio that seemed to be twice the level full volume would normally be.  Blast would be for just a fraction of a second. During alignment this happened more often so I had to check it out. Found problem caused by a faulty Tone control. Bypassed tone control pot with a 1 meg ohm resistor. Then had full audio all the time and was able to make gains while aligning. Ran before and after tests across the A.M. frequency band and found on average a  + 10 Dbm gain after alignment. Highest gain was at 1400 khz  +15 Dbm. Lowest gain was at 600hz at +9 Dbm. Although I have much improved sensitivity and enough volume to overdrive the speaker, at best the audio sounds tinny. Guessing the game will be lowering the resistance of my 1 meg tone control bypass resistor till my ears are happy. Please correct me if I am wrong, remembering that on/off, volume control, tone control, gang of controls are no longer available. So is playing with the tone control bypass resistor my only option?  I searched for awhile and could not find anything.

On the F.M. side found a bad connection on the F.M. 300 ohm external antenna input. Was able to tune in 20 stations so will investigate a true F.M. antenna option instead of just a length of wire that improved things.

The radio has been played for about a 20 hour time span with no problems other than the tone control. Will focus on filling the hole in the cabinet and then hopefully a completed project.

Thanks to all who provided me with correct schematics ,chassis information and Sams PhotoFact clarification. I'd still be stuck not knowing what the heck I'm working on, only thing I knew was I did not have what the back cover on the radio said I had. Had neither the chassis or cabinet that was provided on the radio.

Take Care

Tim

Messages In This Thread
TrueTone Model D-2026 series B Manual - by TTech - 10-04-2020, 11:34 AM
RE: TrueTone Model D-2026 series B Manual - by TTech - 12-29-2020, 08:25 AM