Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1929 philco highboy deluxe model 95

i have a chance to aquire a original working 1929 philco highboy deluxe model 95. I'm sold on the looks of the cabinet , yet left wondering on th performance of the model 95 how does it rate or compare to other sets? any phorum members thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Grab it. That was a significant model in the development of radio, the first with diode AVC, and top of the Philco line for 1929.

Ditto what Alan said.

You will find that the 95's performance is superior to many other sets of the era, chiefly due to the inclusion of AVC. And the Highboy De Luxe is, in my opinion, one of the finest cabinets Philco ever built.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Brand new member here, First post also. I too have just aquired a Philco 95, not sure of anything else yet though, and have not tried to plug it in yet. Want to look it over real good first and replace the power cord. I think its a beautiful unit already though, close the doors and you really wouldn't suspect it was a radio. It looks to have the original "forrest" tapestry but not real sure about the knobs. 1 cracked leg and some light wood damage, no veneer trouble. Let's keep up on each others progress if you end up getting yours. I will take lots of pictures along they way. Oh, I think I got a good deal on it at $75 bucks ??? take care and happy radio-ing !!!