Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1937 Coronado Model 650 Farm Radio

I used a Meissner replacement 456 kHz Oscillator Coil. 

I just used a couple of 1.2v NiMH Rechargeable Batteries to power the filaments on this thing. I have a Radio Shack 2 D Cell battery clip that is wired up to a 1N4007 diode for voltage drop and I put my rechargeable D batteries in there.

I was actually able to get about 3 1/2 hours of play time out of the radio with that setup with plenty of juice to spare, and my D batteries weren't even fully charged! :^D

My great grandad George was a farmer and he would have been proud to hear something like that working again Well done! Happy New Year.

OK So a strange issue going on with my radio, it had been working like a champ for a week and a half but now all the sudden it refuses to power on, and no its not the batteries because I checked those and they were fine. 

I have a feeling its the power switch as it was kind of acting wonky when I first got this going where it would require being turned on and off a couple of times before it would finally power on.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Levi

You may have nailed it, power switch........does any current get into the circuit when switch open?

Paul

Tubetalk1

If you are feeling lucky apply a small amount of WD40 to the switch and work it open and close a few times. let it sit for about a hour then power up your set. Good luck David

Thanks, I'll give those things a try.