Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Transitone Model C 1608

Hi everyone,
 I have just taken delivery of an example of this set.When bought I did not even know who the maker was but I have made progress and now have the schematic and associated notes. But at this stage I have not been able to access a picture of this set. And mine is in a sorry state so I am keen to have a look at a picture to see what it should look like. Can anyone suggest where I should look online to see what a good or intact  C 1608  set  looks like?
Thanks everyone and cheers.

Scroll down to 1939 and have a look, it's there.
Plymouth 1 - Identifying Car Radios (google.com)

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

How great to have the Philco Phorum and such well informed people at the helm!I know now that my set is out of a Plymouth as its one remaining knob is brown.Thanks so much.

Here's another pic of it from a '39 Desoto. It's part of the same family of autos. Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, and Desoto. I know a guy that is restoring a '39 Desoto but I'm not sure if it has a radio. I'll drop him a note and see what the story is.

http://www.2040-parts.com/1939-radio-chr...-i2221625/

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I did check with my friend out in Colorado to find that his is a different set.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hi there Radioroslyn, Thank you for checking.And for the picture. Sadly my set,while internally it looks untouched, has suffered the ravages of the weather on the outside . I'm presuming the bottom button of the stack of station pre- select buttons is the one that disables the pre- select and re engages the  manual tuning system. Cheers and thanks. I'll post again when I have started work on it.

I have one that I am recapping.I will try to post pictures.

Hi Keefer, Thanks for taking the time to post this picture. Yours is in tiptop condition compared to mine.So its great to see what a good one is like. Mine lacks the grille and has only one knob. Thanks for responding to such an old post Cheers,

No problem.I recapped it and it works pretty good.If need anything else holler at me and i will try and help.