Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Atwater Kent model 20 Big Box

TTech, I hope you don't chuck the project, nor leave this thread, much less the Phorum. I am enjoying hearing about your progress with this radio. Perhaps you have already figured these things out, but you mentioned the rehostats being dirty. You may find that cleaning them with Marvel Mystery Oil and a toothbrush will help a lot. Once they are cleaned, a light coating of petroleum jelly will prevent them from becoming oxidized again. That is what the A-K literature recommends for lubrication. The MMO is my own solution for such things. Be sure to dry it off before applying the petroleum jelly, or it will dilute it, although it won't really cause any harm. Good luck, and I hope to hear about your further progress, and maybe see some pictures of the completed radio, or even a video of it working on YouTube. I have posted a couple of videos of my own completed projects there. Folks seem to enjoy seeing them.

Sorry folks - after discussing it we have decided to close this thread since it is no longer a polite discussion about the original topic.

Please make our jobs easier (as moderators) and treat each other with respect - and follow the Phorum rules:

https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=4586

None of us want (or enjoy) closing threads, deleting posts or otherwise adjudicating between Phorum members.

Thank you.