Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canadian Philco Model 870

I am new to the forum and submitted this message just before the site went down and it appears to have vanished. Please excuse me if this is a repetition!

As my second attempt at reviving an AA5 set, I am working on a Canadian Philco Model 870 which is built on a printed circuit board. I have checked all of the schematic sites known to me and have been unable to locate this model. I was wondering if anyone on the forum would know if there was an equivalent American model under a different number which I could look up.

Thank you for your help.

Joseph

Joseph

Sorry about that. And here I thought I had managed to save all of our postings! Icon_sad

Can you provide a photo of your 870? How many tubes? What are the types of tubes used? AM? AM/FM? ???

You might want to check with Just Radios - they may be able to furnish a schematic of your set, as they are able to supply schematics for Canadian Philcos.

http://www.justradios.com/schematics.html

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

It sounds like an early to mid fifties model at the oldest if it has a PC board, I may have a schematic for that set but no guarantees as the schematics I have are loose leaf folders and not in a manual.
Best Regards
Arran

My thanks to Ron and Arran for their replies about my Canadian Philco Model 870. It is a fairly standard 5 tube AM only set on a printed circuit board. The tube line-up is as follows:

50C5
35W4
12BE6
12AV6
12BA6

Arran, if you do have a schematic, I would be happy to send you my address and pay you for a photocopy.

Thank you again.

Joseph

I looked through my binder and I couldn't find a Canadian model 870 but found a few American Philco diagrams from the early 1950s that use a circuit board chassis. I may have a diagram from a similar American set, could you describe the cabinet and the chassis? Is it a clock radio? I could scan them and email them to you.
Best Regards
Arran