Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sx-42 hallicrafters

im trying to use sam's photofact I.F. alignment instructions to align the fm. they call out A and B in a diamond  as o'scope points they are unclear in the photo's of the chassis bottom and some knothead didnt include them in the schematic, does anyone know where A,B are? ive never done an if alignment using a scope so  i cant guess too well. for some reason unknown to me i cant get an answer on that OTHER forum

If you don't get anywhere using the SAMS you might want to try deciphering the RIDERS instructions. The schematic is trash but maybe between Riders and SAMS you can get somewhere.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/resources/919/M0008919.htm

You could probably use your scope in place of the output meter.

The BAMA site has a lot of schematics and other information on "boat anchors," including your Hallicrafters SX-42. Here's a link to that page:  https://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hallicra/sx42/  Hope it is of some help.

I just looked through the files from that BAMA site. There are several versions of the schematic, all pretty clear, some better than others. I suggest you pick your favorite, the one you find is clearest, download it onto a thumb drive, take it to an office supply place which does large scale printing, and have them print you up a large copy of the schematic. You will also find the original Hallicrafters service bulletin and instruction book for the model on that page. Good luck ! should be a great receiver when you're done.

hallicrafters doesnt use a o'scope alignment procedure ONLY sam's did. sam's only made ONE service pamphlet for the sx-42 or even the sx-62. so that schematic omission of the a- b oscope connection's cant be found anywhere else. i know as ive been everywhere else.. i was hoping someone here would have more experience than me and be able to look at the schematic and tell me where these points are.

Falcon, you may want to order a GOOD set of the CDs of the old Rider manuals, the set that takes several CDs to cover them because the scans have a lot of detail and so are quite large. Volumes 17 & 18 have your SX-42 in them, and have pages of information on things like alignment. Hope this helps.